Continuity Product Tester (with Splitter and Cord)
The optional Product Tester (sometimes referred to as a Continuity Tester) works on all of our Earthing products. It is used to quickly and easily check the conductivity of your Earthing products, product cords/leads and grounding rod cords/leads to determine that they are conductive and in good working condition. IT DOES NOT TEST THAT YOUR PRODUCT IS EARTHED. To test that your products are Earthed/Grounded you need to use an Outlet Checker.
You simply connect the Product Tester to the Adapter plug with built in splitter connected to a properly grounded wall outlet (or grounding rod and lead) and place it directly on your Earthing product. A green light will confirm that your product and wire are in good working order.
Please Note - This Product Tester does not test that the wall socket is Earthed - it is testing that the products and cords are all conductive and in good working order, therefore, if the socket is Earthed correctly everything should be fully functional.
Instructions for Use:
1) Leave the Earthing product you wish to test connected to the Adapter Plug with Built in Splitter (via the cord/lead). Connect the Product Tester to the other hole in the Adapter Plug with Built in Splitter. Note - it is important both leads/cords are connected to the same Adapter Plug with Built in Splitter. If you use a Grounding Rod and Lead you with need a splitter.
2) Plug the Adapter Plug with Built in Splitter into a wall socket, power board or the end of an extension cord. You can operate the Product Tester with the power switch on or off.
3) Place the Product Tester directly on your Earthing product. A green light confirms your product and cord/lead are conductive and in working order.
4) If you don't see a green light, it's worth checking that the Product Tester battery is OK using the instructions below.
Testing Your Earthing Leads/Cords with the Product Tester:
1) Snap the lead/cord that you want to test on the front of the Product Tester;
2) Take the metal prong end of the cord and hold it on to the silver disk on the back of the Product Tester;
3) If the cord/lead is conductive and in good working condition, you will see a green light;
4) If you don't see a green light, it's worth checking that the Product Tester battery is OK using the following instructions:
To Determine if the Product Tester's Battery Needs Replacing:
1) Hold the Product Tester in your hand with the silver disk on the back side touching your palm;
2) Use a finger from the other hand and touch the small prong that sticks out;
3) If the Product tester doesn't light up with the green light, it will need it's battery replaced.
Note - The Product Tester uses a small flat disk CR2032 battery if it requires replacement.